A dishwasher is one of the most prestigious purchases one could ever make for their kitchen.A dishwasher makes it easier for you to wash dishes – you don’t have to do them yourself.
The best advantage of having a dishwasher is that you’ll keep your fingers safe from pruning up, besides that, you’ll be saving a lot of time and water.
When it comes to the availability of brands that manufacture the best quality dishwashers, you have plenty of options. However, it can still be a daunting procedure to discover a brand that fits your requirements and has the best dishwasher for your home. The good news is EdgeStar has everything you need.
If reliability, cost, features, and great warranty details are your concerns, EdgeStar is your go-to brand. It has been in the kitchen appliance industry for ages now, and it’s been producing a lot of useful products that have made kitchen work easier.
With that being said, you don’t have to browse shops or online stores to find the best dishwasher for your kitchen because we’ve got you covered.
In this EdgeStar countertop dishwasher review 2020, we’ve collected and reviewed some of the finest dishwashers from EdgeStar based on reliability, effectiveness, features, and whether it’s good for you or not. Keep reading to find out more.
Top 4 Best EdgeStar Dishwasher 2021 Reviews & Buying Guide
|EdgeStar DWP62BL Portable Countertop Dishwasher|
|EdgeStar BIDW1802SS Built-In Dishwasher|
|EdgeStar BIDW1802BL Built-In Dishwasher|
|EdgeStar DWP62SV Portable Countertop Dishwasher|
1. EdgeStar DWP62BL 6 Place Setting Energy Star Rated Portable Countertop Dishwasher – Black
The EdgeStar DWP62BL Portable Countertop Dishwasher is the best choice for anyone living in a small space. This dishwasher is all about getting the job done, plus it is equipped with all the necessary features you need to put back clean dishes in your dish rack.
Besides that, it has a smart-looking design, copes with the current style preferences of homeowners. It is one of the best EdgeStar portable dishwashers.
Furthermore, the DWP62BL dishwasher is designed to wash with six unique standard settings from the dish rack. It also features a cup shelf that holds three to four mugs effortlessly.
When it comes to added accessories, it comes with a dispenser for rinse aid and detergents, and a cutlery basket as well. However, it is taller than 17 inches, 19 inches in depth, and 21 inches in width.
Due to its compactness, it can easily fit in your counter or under a cabinet, with no permanent installation required. When it comes to the display, the front panel offers an LED display and a few digital controls. From these controls, you can select between the seven wash routines and start using the delayed start function.
The best thing about the EdgeStar DWP62BL Portable countertop dishwasher is that it includes a child lock, which is not found in every dishwasher model.
With this feature, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your child when you’re not around. Moreover, this dishwasher is designed for those who have little space and cannot buy a full-fledge dishwasher.
- Energy Star Certified: The EdgeStar dishwasher meets all the sufficient energy requirements to help you save money on electricity and water bills.
- Capacity: It can carry up to six different place settings. Other than that, it can accommodate several dishes with taking up minimum kitchen countertop space.
- Compact Dishwasher: This is a low-profile kitchen countertop appliance that tends to fit comfortably under all cabinetry without having to install it permanently.
- Wash Routine: With this dishwasher, you have the chance to choose between seven wash routines: normal, glass, speed, heavy, light, rinse, and baby care.
- Controls: The EdgeStar portable dishwasher has an LED display with easy to use digital controls and a child lock feature, a delayed start system, and seven wash programs so you can start washing dishes anytime you want.
2. EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Wide 8 Place Setting Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher
This is a tiny miracle worker from EdgeStar. The BIDW1802SS 18-Inch dishwasher is suitable for smaller spaces. It offers 6 useful wash cycles, so you can easily pick one that fits your requirements best.
One of the major things about the BIDW1802SS dishwasher is its ability to clean with 8 unique position settings while taking very little space in your kitchen. With its 6 clean cycles, any kind of solid dish can easily be cleaned.
From light to heavy to the only rinse, each of your dishwashing requirements will be met effortlessly. There are a lot of dishwashers that only offer a few wash cycles, which in turn doesn’t give out the results we need. Other than that, this dishwasher features heated dry and wash cycles.
Moreover, ease of maintenance and cleaning is another reason why a lot of homeowners prefer this product. It requires little maintenance because it is already so organized and well-constructed.
- Control System: On the front of the dishwasher, you will notice some controls, a clock face to choose between 1 of the 6 wash routines: normal, speed, rinse, light, heavy, and glass. The lit buttons will indicate which wash cycle is on. You will also be notified with a sound when the wash cycle ends.
- The Material of Build: The EdgeStar BIDW1802SS is a built-in dishwasher manufactured from 100% durable stainless steel.
- Additional Accessories: This is a portable, small dishwasher that includes 2 dish racks for your bowls, trays, and plates. The second rack holds sensitive objects such as glasses. Besides that, it offers a silverware basket and a cup tray as well, plus it can hold more than 8 position settings.
- Warranty: The EdgeStar BIDW1802SS offers a warranty that’ll replace parts and take charge of labor and malfunctioning within 1 year of purchase. After twelve months, the company will not supply any labor or machine parts. In addition to this, the warranty will not cover shipping faults, items lost in shipment, labor transportation, installation charges, and wear and tear.
3. EdgeStar BIDW1802BL 18 Inch Wide 8 Place Setting Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher
The EdgeStar BIDW1802BL dishwasher is one of the best dishwashers available on the market. It has the perfect size for small apartments. It is 32.5 inches tall and is 22 inches in depth, meaning this dishwasher is almost unnoticeable.
Other than that, the dishwasher includes two slide-out racks for your plates, bowls, and trays, plus a cup tray and a silverware basket.
Furthermore, the controls on the BIDW1802BL are exceptional; you can select between six cycles. Besides that, the lighted button will indicate the operating of the machine, and you will also notice a sound at the end of every wash.
The EdgeStar BIDW1802BL has a slim design, and this dishwasher is useful for those who suffer from disabilities. It operates silently, and the stainless steel design blends well with other appliances in the kitchen.
With every cycle, you can set the dishwasher to have 8 position settings. This dishwasher is not like others, it features a drying cycle as well. However, the only drawback to this product is that you need to manually shut it down after every cycle.
- Compact and Efficient: The EdgeStar BIDW1802BL Dishwasher has a compact design, which helps you to make the most out of the dish-washing process while taking up minimum space and being able to carry 8 unique position settings.
- Water Control: This dishwasher features a leakage sensor that automatically senses water flow and shuts off to protect your house from water damage.
- Digital Panel: Thanks to the digital controls and display, you can easily select your wash cycle and options and on/off switch. Moreover, there is a delay cycle option in this dishwasher as well, which enables you to delay a cycle for a whole day.
- Rinse-Aid: The rinse-aid section is useful for removing unwanted spots and prevents mold build-up while contributing to dry the dishes quickly and efficiently.
- Additional Accessories: The EdgeStar BIDW1802BL dishwasher comes with a cup tray and a silverware basket that enables you to organize your dishes in a usable manner.
- Wash Options: It features six amazing wash cycles that will keep your dishes clean, and the heated dry option can also be used with every cycle.
4. EdgeStar DWP62SV 6 Place Setting Energy Star Rated Portable Countertop Dishwasher – Silver
Here’s another great dishwasher from EdgeStar, the DWP62SV 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher. It is one of the most affordable dishwashers on the market. It is great for many reasons, and it has some qualities that cannot be found in any traditional countertop dishwasher.
When it comes to appearance, it is available in a black and silver color with 6 best place settings. You can see its worth from the rich and pure material of construction. Other than that, it has been designed for people with families. It has a child lock, sterilization of baby items such as feeders, and a baby wash cycle that makes it a perfect choice for families.
Furthermore, the EdgeStar DWP62SV has been designed with heavy-duty materials, and you can buy it in three great color options; White, silver, and black. With every DWP62SV dishwasher purchase, you will receive a wonderful one-year warranty. Unfortunately, some users have complained about its durability and say it doesn’t work well for long.
- 6 Position Settings: It features 6 place settings, and it has a perfect size, suitable to fit under almost any cabinet. It is 17 inches tall and can be adjusted in your kitchen without installation. Besides that, you can even adjust it below the sink.
- Save Energy and Water: When compared with other dishwashers, this one helps to save a lot of energy and water. As the manufacturers state, it consumes 200-kilowatt per year.
- Easy to Use: It features seven wash cycles, plus it is very easy to understand and operate its features. Other than that, the interior is made from stainless steel and gives out an impressive shine at every look.
- Attractive Digital Display: It has a gorgeous digital display, which means you can control everything and be able to monitor everything comfortably.
- Warranty: The EdgeStar DWP62SV dishwasher offers a 1-year warranty and a 90-days labor guarantee.
- Noise and Power: The power this dishwasher consumes is 1160-Watt, which is similar to an iron. Other than that, it functions at 120v/60Hz.
There can be a lot of reasons why you want to purchase a dishwasher; you can either be remodeling your kitchen or buying appliances for your new home. Now that the availability of dishwashers for your choice is out of the way, it’s time for the buying process.
As EdgeStar is a popular and reliable company, it offers a lot of products for kitchen enthusiasts into making their routines easier. Here, we will discuss some important aspects of EdgeStar dishwashers.
EdgeStar Countertop Dishwasher Troubleshooting
The EdgeStar Dishwasher will not switchon:
- It could be because of home power supply failure. Consider restoring your power supply.
- Inadequate amps. Transfer unit to a supply where the amps are adequate.
- The outlet doesn’t work. Fix the circuit breaker.
- Unlatched door. Close the door and latch it.
- Unleveled unit. Just adjust the dishwasher.
- The plug is not positioned correctly into the socket. Position the plug correctly.
- Damaged power cord. Replace the cord.
- The power voltage is not sufficient. Transfer the unit to another outlet with sufficient voltage.
Dishes remain dirty:
- The spray arm is not rotating properly. Check if there’s an item blocking the rotation.
- Unbalanced dishwasher loading. Neatly organize the dishes,so the spray reaches everywhere.
- Not enough detergent. Simply add more detergent.
- The water hose is twisted. Remove the bends from the inlet hose.
- Remains of food on dishes. Get rid of the remains by rinsing.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
1. What is the best Portable dishwasher?
The EdgeStar DWP62BL is the best portable dishwasher for those looking for a compact dishwasher to fit in their small space.
2. What is the best detergent for a dishwasher?
There are so many great detergents available to use with a dishwasher, but the best one of all: the Finish Quantum Max Powerball Tablets.
3. How do you wash dishes in the dishwasher?
Firstly, wash the dishes before loading them into the dishwasher. Secondly, regularly organize the dishes on top of the dishwasher, and avoid placing utensils there because the temperature on the top is often high.
Do not place wooden utensils in a dishwasher, and do not overload your dishwasher as the water spray will not be able to clean the dishes efficiently. After that, add some detergent into the detergent container and start the wash cycle. Lastly, switch the hot water pipe and begin the wash.
4. How does a dishwasher work?
Dishwashers are known to be watertight, which means you are not supposed to fill them up with water. Every dishwasher features heating elements that heat the water to determined degrees. After that, a pump pushes the water from the water spurts, and the water is sprayed onto the dirty dishes.